YORK BLACK BUMPER PLATES - FREE SHIPPING
The Perfect Bumper Plate for Your Gym
York's Black Training Bumper Plate is a great choice for your garage gym or commercial facility. We've found the York Bumper Plate to be an outstanding performer for those looking for all the qualities of the high density bumper - dead bounce, thinner construction and lower price point. And York certifies their bumper for use in both residential and commercial facilities. Match that manufacturer backing with a strong reinforced center hub and a high quality steel insert and you've got a bumper that will last for years.
Stand Out Features of the York Black Bumper Plate:
- One Year York Factory Warranty on all bumper plates - 45's, 35's, 25's and 10's
- High Density Rubber Manufacturing means more bumper plates on the bar for heavy deadlifts
- Low bounce helps you keep the load under control in small spaces
- Extended center hub on all bumper plates - not just the 10's
- Prices listed include Free Shipping to Continental US
- Other locations, please contact us for additional shipping costs
- Prices are for pairs - two of each bumper plates
- Plates are manufactured in 10lb, 25lb, 35lband 45lb sizes only
- Diameter - ~19"
- Sleeve Collar - Stainless Steel with 2" Inside Diameter
- Fit all Olympic Style Barbells
- Thicknesses - 10lb - 1", 25lb - 2", 35lb - 2.375", 45lb - 3"
Most Popular Exercises:
- Clean & Jerk
- Overheat Squat
- Shoulder Press
- Back Squat
- Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- And more!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I Need a Full Set of Bumper Plates to Get Started?
- Not at all. Many home gym athletes start with a set of 10's, 15's and 25's then add heavier weights once they get the movements down. Even with 10's, 15's and 25's you can load the a standard 45lb [20kg] bar with 145lbs which is more than enough weight to get you on your way. Don't forget to add a set or two of smaller steel weights - 2.5lb and 5lb to add incremental weight to the bar.
Can I Drop My Bumper Plates From Overhead?
- Yes! York's Black Training Bumper plate is made to be dropped from overhead. Dropping with just 10's or just 15's on a 45lb [20kg] bar can eventually cause some wear on the individual plates so if you are going to routinely drop from overhead, we'd suggest having a pair of plates on each side of the bar for the smaller weights [10's and 15's]. Dropping with 25's or heavier weights isn't a problem, however.
Will My New Bumper Plates Smell Like Rubber?
- Some manufacturing lots of bumper plates can have a stronger rubber smell than others but we very seldom experience it. In most cases the 'new car smell' of your new bumper plates will dissipate with use. If the odor is bothersome, we suggest a light cleaning solution of dish soap and warm water [~1 tablespoon per gallon]. Rinse and dry them off before use.
My Bumper Plates Came Delivered With a Greasy Film. What Can I Do?
- As part of the manufacturing process, bumper plate molds are sprayed with a release agent to break them away from the molds. Our manufacturers leave this light oil film on the plate to aid in protection during delivery and storage in the warehouse. In some cases, some batches of bumper plates can have more film on them than others. If bothersome, wiping them down with a cotton rag or using a light cleaning solution of dish soap and warm water [~1 tablespoon per gallon] will remove the film.